Monday, September 1, 2008

Hello Everyone!

Sorry it has been a long time since my last update, but since the last one on Fuji, I have left Japan and have moved across the country to West Virginia. It was a long drive of five terrible days but once I made it here it was well worth the drive. West Virginia is so beautiful I can't even explain it! Green and trees everywhere. The place i am working is called the Spruce Knob Mountain Institute and it is a non profit organization that works with students from different areas of the East teaching outdoor skills, science classes in the field (such as geology, ecology, and some different types of biology). Some of the students are from public schools and some are from private schools. The kids that come and do a course with us are mostly JH age kids, a few high schools, and some fifth graders. This week I am doing training and will be leaving tomorrow to go backpacking for about five days. It should be a good time and I am looking forward to learning more about the things that I will be teaching.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

I'm glad you made it there safely! We loved the things that you sent from Japan! The candies left us wanting more! I hope you have fun there. I'm looking forward to some pictures!