Monday, August 17, 2009

YUKON RIVER TRIP 09'

I'm am off of the river and have made my way back to Anchorage and back to work. The river trip went well! I really loved it - the best trip I have ever done. We finished the trip earlier than we thought we would have so we ended up being on the river about 20 days. We traveled from Whitehorse, YT to Circle, AK covering a distance of about 800 miles. I experienced so many things I can't really express in writing so.... I posted a ton of pictures of the trip. I hope that you enjoy the pictures and will join me next year when I do the whole Yukon river - 2000 miles in 2 months :) The little blue car we packed to the top! we really couldn't have fit anything else! In the back you can see my van crying - he really wanted to go but he was in trouble for being such a shitty van....

Getting ready to get on the lake...

Testing out the boat and the frame I built. Worked great! the frame held up well and the boat tracked great through the water.


Lake La Berdge



Some Eagles we spotted just after we got onto the Yukon from the lake




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great trip! But, it couldn't have been better than a month in Jamaica!!:) We are happy you returned back safely. We love you! Craig and Tonia

P.S. The pictures are beautiful!

Cheri said...

Hi Carla, I love all the pictures! It looks like you had such a great time! You look great too! Hope you are having fun still. In a month you will be freezen to death! So I guess you will have to come to AZ!

Becky said...

CARLA!!! I was wondering like yesterday, I think, how you were doing!!! I didn't bother checking the old blog. AHH I would love to come next year. Just leave my husband for sure if he is deployed. Not likely... and i don't wish that on anyone. I want to hear from you ASAP call anytime!!!

Braydan and Jessica said...

You are crazy seriously! 800 miles! No wonder you're arms are built! Glad you made it back safe and had fun.

kyle, emily, grace and ava said...

Carla! What a fun trip! You are so awesome to get out and do that! How cool. Ali Shaw and I were looking at your blog and oohing and ahing over the pics. We love and miss you!